Education Legal Rights Project
The IDEA ensures that all children with disabilities affecting their education have available to them a free and appropriate public education that emphasizes special education and related services designed to meet their unique needs and prepare them for further education, employment and independent living.
The ELRP provides free education services on behalf of eligible children in need that include:
- Assisting students in receiving timely testing, IDEA eligibility determinations, and proper placement
- Ensuring the student receives appropriate and effective special education services in a timely manner
- Attendance and representation of students at Individualized Education Plan (IEP) meetings
- Representation at Administrative hearings and Due Process hearings and in litigation when necessary
- Obtaining independent psychological evaluations from professionals outside the school system
- Referrals to outside social service organizations, as appropriate
Legal Aid wants to ensure that children residing in Collier County who are at-risk where their safety or well being is threatened can obtain the legal assistance they need so that they can be safe, and live in a stable, nurturing environment.
Anyone seeking assistance under the Legal Aid for Collier Kids Project should contact Legal Aid at (239) 775-4555 to start the intake process.
The ELRP and the Legal Aid for Collier Kids Project is funded in part through a grant from the Naples Children and Education Foundation (NCEF), Founders of the Naples Winter Wine Festival.