Legal Aid provides a wide range of services designed to assist eligible clients with housing legal issues.
This project is designed to keep clients in safe and affordable housing whenever possible through free legal services to eligible Collier County residents in need.
These services include, but are not limited to:
- Defending unlawful eviction
- Foreclosure defense (including mortgages, HOA, reverse mortgage)
- Assisting Tenants on issues involving security deposits, shut-off of utilities, retention of personal property)
- Assisting tenants impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic
- Mobile home tenancy issues
- Unsafe and uninhabitable living conditions Housing discrimination, including accommodations for those with disabilities
- Senior housing issues (assisted living, nursing homes, eligibility and safety)
- Issues involving public housing, Section 8, Rural Development Housing, and other forms of subsidized housing.
Funding for this Housing Unit has been furnished through grants by the United Way of Collier and the Keys and the Community Foundation of Collier County.